For productive use, Scandit Express for iOS is typically distributed via a mobile device management (MDM) or enterprise mobility management (EMM) system. The screenshots in this guide are from MobileIron Cloud. However, these instructions apply to MDM/EMM solutions from most vendors.
Add application to app catalog and configure distribution.
You can distribute our app directly from the Apple App Store. Search for "Scandit Express" in the admin console for your EMM/MDM solution and add it to your app catalog.
- MobileIron Cloud: App Catalog, App Configuration
- VMWare Airwatch: Add Public Applications from an App Store
- IBM MaaS360 Mobile Device Management (SaaS): Adding a Google Play App to the App Catalog
- SOTI MobiControl: Adding an Google Play Store Application to an Application Catalog Rule
- Set Scandit Express project code
To automatically synchronize your Scandit Express configuration with Scandit, you need to set the project code in the management console of your MDM/EMM solution. Once set, your users won't have to manually activate Scandit Express via QR code. Configuration changes are also automatically distributed to all devices.
- Login to ssl.scandit.com
- Click on your project card
- Click on the "Copy Project Code" link next to the QR code in the dashboard
4. In your MDM system, paste this value in the "iOS Managed App Configuration" section. (Please note that this screen might look different in your specific EMM/MDM system.)
The configuration key to use is:
In case your MDM system requires an AppConfig configuration, you can generate one at https://appconfig.jamfresearch.com/generator by selecting Scandit Express as: