Accelerating the time to scan is related to two parts
- Loading the scanner library
- scanning the image frames for barcodes
- Further optimizations for particular scenarios
1. Loading the scanner library
In order to provide the best possible experience in your web application, we suggest to first follow these guidelines to guarantee optimal loading time of the library: How can I optimize the loading time of the Web SDK?
2. Scanning the image frames for barcodes
For optimal speed/quality in different situations you can start with the following tips:
- Enable only the symbologies you need to avoid unnecessary computation
- restrict the scanning search area to be as little as possible but leaving it a comfortable size fort the user to aim at the barcode
3. Further optimizations for particular scenarios
- In case of tiny codes or the requirement to increase the maximum scan distance, it might be beneficial to enable Full HD resolution. But please bear in mind that this is resulting in slower frame processing (You can check out the Full HD mode in our demo immediately).
In case the above suggestions are not sufficient for your particular use case, we recommend to check out our detailed guide in the documentation: https://docs.scandit.com/stable/web/#important-notes
and you can reach out to us directly
Was this article helpful?