Scandit Express for Android supports deployment via mobile device management (MDM) or enterprise mobility management (EMM) systems via Android Managed Configurations (previously known as Application Restrictions): https://developer.android.com/work/managed-configurations.
The screenshots in this guide are from MobileIron Cloud. However, these instructions apply to MDM/EMM solutions from most vendors.
Please note that Scandit Express might not be compatible with some Android for Work configurations (e.g. 3rd-party keyboards such as Scandit Express can typically not be installed in a work profile).
Scandit recommends setting Android devices as either "fully managed" or "dedicated devices". Learn more about Android’s enterprise terminology.
- Add Application to app catalog and configure distribution
You can distribute our app directly from the Google Play Store. Search for "Scandit Express" in the admin console for your EMM/MDM solution and add it to your app catalog.
- MobileIron Cloud:App Catalog, App Configuration
- VMWare Airwatch: Add Public Applications from an App Store
- IBM MaaS360 Mobile Device Management (SaaS):Adding a Google Play App to the App Catalog
- SOTI MobiControl: Adding an Google Play Store Application to an Application Catalog Rule
- Set Scandit Express deployment code
To automatically synchronize your Scandit Express configuration with Scandit, you need to set the deployment code in the management console of your MDM/EMM solution. Once set, your users won't have to manually activate Scandit Express via QR code. Configuration changes are also automatically distributed to all devices.
- Login to ssl.scandit.com
- Click on your project card.
The Android Scandit Express App specifies the following Application Restriction:
android:description="Defines which deployment on scandit.com the installed Scandit Express fetches its configuration and license from."
The deployment Code value needs to be set by the admin of the Managed Configuration to the project code, which can be found on the Scandit Express Dashboard. The project code is a 64 character code like: b7faa7ad92d4b782b282ebc4a366f94725177bb01e517fa1e7a7916e57ead6ec
It can be found here:
- In your MDM system, paste this value in the "Manage Configurations" section. Please note that this screen might look different in your EMM/MDM system.