Please note that you need a valid Scandit Express subscription to follow the steps below. Learn how to Sign Up for a free 14-day trial.
Follow the below instructions (for existing projects)
1. Login to ssl.scandit.com
2. Click on your project card
3. Scan the QR code of the project with the built-in QR scanner of the smart device. You will be forwarded to the AppStore. Install Scandit Express from there and your application will automatically be configured with the project of the scanned QR code.
4. Once installed, iOS will ask you to grant Scandit Express camera access so it can scan barcodes.
If the app is open on the same device as the one in which you have opened the Scandit dashboard, click on the "Copy Project Code" link next to the QR code in the dashboard. Then paste it in the "Enter setup code manually" field in the app.
5. Scandit Express will then guide you through the necessary settings changes on your phone to enable scanning into any application.
6. Once you have finished all steps, Scandit Express will now be present whenever the keyboard is open. Click on the globe icon of the keyboard to switch between keyboards.
Install Scandit Express on unmanaged BYOD or partner devices.
- Use the QR-project code located in your dashboard https://ssl.scandit.com/dashboard/sdk/projects
- Decode it - it will give you a URL. You can use https://qrcoderaptor.com/ to do so.
- This URL can be sent via email/sms/slack/etc allowing the recipient to install SE on their device and directly activate the project the link was created for.
You can find specific guidelines for MDM Deployment on iOS in the following article: https://support.scandit.com/hc/en-us/articles/7348757029276-How-is-Scandit-Express-for-iOS-deployed-via-an-EMM-MDM-solution-