As with Bluetooth Scanners, the Enterprise Browser gives you several options to parse and transform the scanned data before injecting it in the input field on focus.
To access these settings:
- Login at https://ssl.scandit.com/ with your credentials
- Go to the projects tab
- Click on the project you want
- Click the edit button next to the bookmark you want to modify
- Scroll down to the "Additional Settings" section
In this section you can set:
- Data Validation: If you want to restrict what barcodes are accepted, you can specify a specific match as a regular expression. Only barcode data matching the specified regular expression is accepted by the keyboard wedge. Learn more about regular expressions at RegexOne.com.
- Prefix and Suffix: Adds the entered prefix/suffix to the scanned data. For example, if you enter "]9" as a prefix and scan the barcode 4719512002889, the scanner will inject ]94719512002889.
In addition, it’s possible to parse barcodes and more complex transformations by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Was this article helpful?