For productive use, the Keyboard Wedge for iOS is typically distributed via MDM systems. The screenshots in this guide are from MobileIron Cloud, these instructions apply to MDM/EMM solutions from most vendors.
1. Add Application to app catalogue and configure distribution
You can distribute our app directly from the Apple App Store. Search for "Keyboard Wedge" in the admin console for your EMM/MDM solution and add it to your app catalogue.
- MobileIron Cloud: App Catalog, App Configuration
- VMWare Airwatch: Add Public Applications from an App Store
- IBM MaaS360 Mobile Device Management (SaaS): Adding a Google Play App to the App Catalog
- SOTI MobiControl: Adding an Google Play Store Application to an Application Catalog Rule
2. Set Keyboard Wedge deployment code
To automatically synchronize your Keyboard Wedge configuration with Scandit, you need to set the deployment code in the management console of your MDM/EMM solution. Once set, your users won't have to manually activate the Keyboard Wedge via QR code and configuration chances are automatically distributed to all devices.
- Login at scandit.com
- Select "Deployments" on the right hand menu and press "DETAILS" for your Android deployment.
- One the top, below the QR code for your deployment, click "Show Deployment Code" and copy paste the displayed code. This is the code you need to set in your MDM/EMM system.
- In your MDM system, copy paste this value in the "iOS Managed App Configuration" section. Please note that this screen might look different in your EMM/MDM system.
The configuration key to use is