For productive use, the Keyboard Wedge for iOS is typically distributed via MDM systems. The screenshots in this guide are from MobileIron Cloud, these instructions apply to MDM/EMM solutions from most vendors.
1. Add Application to app catalogue and configure distribution
You can distribute our app directly from the Apple App Store. Search for "Keyboard Wedge" in the admin console for your EMM/MDM solution and add it to your app catalogue.
- MobileIron Cloud: App Catalog, App Configuration
- VMWare Airwatch: Add Public Applications from an App Store
- IBM MaaS360 Mobile Device Management (SaaS): Adding a Google Play App to the App Catalog
- SOTI MobiControl: Adding an Google Play Store Application to an Application Catalog Rule
2. Set Keyboard Wedge project code
To automatically synchronize your Keyboard Wedge configuration with Scandit, you need to set the project code in the management console of your MDM/EMM solution. Once set, your users won't have to manually activate the Keyboard Wedge via QR code and configuration chances are automatically distributed to all devices.
- Login to ssl.scandit.com
- Click on your iOS project card
- Click on the "Copy" link next to the QR code in the dashboard
- In your MDM system, paste this value in the "iOS Managed App Configuration" section. Please note that this screen might look different in your EMM/MDM system.
The configuration key to use is