The Keyboard Wedge for Android is typically distributed via MDM systems. The screenshots in this guide are from MobileIron Cloud, these instructions apply to MDM/EMM solutions from most vendors.
Please note that the Keyboard Wedge might not be compatible with some Android for Work configurations (e.g. 3rd-party keyboards such as the Keyboard Wedge can typically not be installed in a work profile).
Scandit recommends to setup Android devices as either "Fully managed" or "dedicated devices". Learn more about Android’s enterprise terminology.
1. Add Application to app catalogue and configure distribution
You can distribute our app directly from the Google Play Store. Search for "Keyboard Wedge" in the admin console for your EMM/MDM solution and add it to your app catalogue.
- MobileIron Cloud: App Catalog, App Configuration
- VMWare Airwatch: Add Public Applications from an App Store
- IBM MaaS360 Mobile Device Management (SaaS): Adding a Google Play App to the App Catalog
- SOTI MobiControl: Adding an Google Play Store Application to an Application Catalog Rule
2. Set Keyboard Wedge deployment code
To automatically synchronize your Keyboard Wedge configuration with Scandit, you need to set the deployment code in the management console of your MDM/EMM solution. Once set, your users won't have to manually activate the Keyboard Wedge via QR code and configuration chances are automatically distributed to all devices.
- Login to ssl.scandit.com
- Click on your Android project card.
- Click on the "Copy" link next to the QR code in the dashboard
- In your MDM system, paste this value in the "Manage Configurations" section. Please note that this screen might look different in your EMM/MDM system.