If/when you decide to test Scandit in your production environment (Epic Rover), it is always recommended that you reach out to your Epic Clin. Doc. TS.
In addition, you can find a short guidance below on how to retrieve a Scandit test license key and integrate it in your Epic Rover environment for testing.
Please note this only works if you are a current customer of Epic Rover and it is a limited test license.
- Sign Up to receive your free 180-day license key for scanning in Epic Rover here or log-in your dashboard under ssl.scandit.com if you have one already (please be aware the login at the top of this pages leads to your support account and not to your trial account).
- Go to “Projects” and click on “Add a Project”
- Choose a project name, e.g. "Scandit Trial for Epic Rover"
- Enter a description of your license key
- Enter your Customer ID of your Epic Rover instance (also called CID). In case you don’t know your CID, please see the next step.
- Please find your CID (a 2-4 digit number) in your Epic Rover CDE under “Barcode Settings” (press F6 and the CID shows up, see example: 000)
- enter it into the Customer ID field
- Click "Finish" button to create your trial license.
- You have now created your trial license key for your Epic Rover Instance which you need to add in your Epic Rover CDE Barcode Settings here (select Scandit as decoder type):
- The created trial license is valid for Android and iOS devices and you may repeat entering the license key within your Epic Rover CDE for the other platform as well.
- Log out of the Epic Rover mobile application on the mobile device and log back. This will clear the cache of the Epic Rover mobile application, pull the Scandit trial license and you're able to use Scandit as Barcode Scanning Provider within Epic Rover.
Please note that trial license keys are limited in terms of time and amount of active devices.
Epic, Rover and Revor are registered trademarks of Epic Systems Corporation.