For productive use, the Enterprise Browser for iOS is typically distributed via MDM systems. The screenshots in this guide are from MobileIron Cloud, these instructions apply to MDM/EMM solutions from most vendors.
1. Add Application to app catalog and configure distribution
You can distribute our app directly from the Apple App Store. Search for "Enterprise Browser" in the admin console for your EMM/MDM solution and add it to your app catalog.
- MobileIron Cloud: App Catalog, App Configuration
- VMWare Airwatch: Add Public Applications from an App Store
- IBM MaaS360 Mobile Device Management (SaaS): Adding a Google Play App to the App Catalog
- SOTI MobiControl: Adding an Google Play Store Application to an Application Catalog Rule
2. Set Enterprise Browser project code
To automatically synchronize your Enterprise Browser configuration with Scandit, you need to set the project code in the management console of your MDM/EMM solution. Once set, your users won't have to manually activate the Enterprise Browser via QR code and configuration chances are automatically distributed to all devices.
- Log into the Scandit Dashboard.
- Select "Project" on the left-hand menu and press "DETAILS" for your iOS project.
- One the top, below the QR code for your project, click "Show Project Code" and copy-paste the displayed code. This is the code you need to set in your MDM/EMM system as the deployment code.
- In your MDM system > "Managed Configurations" section, set the "enterpriseBrowserSettings" key to a JSON with "deploymentCode" as a key and the above string as its value. Please note that this screen might look different in your EMM/MDM system.