You might want to precisely select one barcode, e.g. when scanning codes from sheets with densely packed barcodes.
To be able to precisely aim for the barcode you want to scan, we recommend the following implementation:
- Start the scanner in paused mode (camera preview on but not scanning) and:
- Use our laser UI (you will find it in the ScanOverlay class of your platform in our documentation) to give the user a precise indication of where he should scan.
- Restrict the scanning area (you will find a guide about it for your platform in our documentation) to a thin line in the center of the screen.
- Add a “Scan” button to [resume the scanner] on user tap. When the scanner is active, the button can be greyed out and display “Scanning”.
- When a barcode is scanned, [pause] or [stop] the scanner. This will ensure that you are not scanning any other codes.