Keyboard Wedge for Android
Due to the approach on how data is injected in Android (Android Accessibility Services) it's currently not possible to inject keypresses on Android with the Scandit Keyboard Wedge. We are currently investigating various options to add support for injecting keypresses and alternative solutions to support submitting forms (e.g. allowing configuration of a submit button which will be triggered by the wedge after scanning).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this is a critical feature for you and we will get in touch once we have new regarding this.
Keyboard Wedge for Windows + Keyboard Wedge for iOS
You can configure the Keyboard Wedge to inject additional keypresses in the Dashboard.
- Login at https://ssl.scandit.com/ with your credentials
Select "Deployments" on the right-hand menu Open "Details" for the deployment Click "Edit Configuration"
- Click "Deployments" on the right side menu.
- Select the deployment you want to update.
- Click "Edit Configuration".
- You can then configure a keystroke to inject at the bottom of the configuration form.
Please note: At the moment it's not possible to inject additional keypresses or characters on Android. (see above)
- Don't forget to click "save" once you are done.
- Reload the configuration on the devices.